College of Lake County notes
Updated: March 7, 2013 12:25PM
Black History Month events scheduled
A variety of events commemorating Black History Month will be held at the College of Lake County in Grayslake and Waukegan during February and early March. The community is invited to attend the events, which range from exhibits and entertainment events to forums and educational workshops.
Black History Month events to be held at the CLC Grayslake Campus, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake. For information, call (847) 543-2343 or (847) 543-2045:
• Feb. 10: Poetry in Motion: 4-7 p.m., Room C003
• Feb. 11: Black Male Forum: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Room C003
• Feb. 19: Hip-Hop Dance Workshop: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Room C005
• Feb. 27: Black Inventors Exhibit: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Atrium
Black History Month events to be held at CLC Lakeshore Campus, 111 N. Genesee St., Waukegan. For more information, call (847) 543-2191:
• Feb. 26: Black Inventors Exhibit, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lower Level Conference Center, 1NG Room 008
• Feb. 28 and March 1: “Trace Your Family History Workshop” Session I & Session II, 10 a.m. to noon, Room 1NG-008. Free admission and refreshments provided.
• March 2: College of Lake County 29th Annual Salute to Gospel Music program, Genesee Theatre (downtown Waukegan). Featuring Sounds of Blackness, Rev. Charles Jenkins & Fellowship Chicago and the CLC Gospel Choir, directed by Dr. Charles Clency. The 2013 Harambee Award of Excellence will be presented to the Rev. Henry Lee Jordan, Jr., pastor of Greater Faith Church Baptist, Waukegan. Tickets on sale at the CLC Lakeshore Campus, by phone at the CLC Box Office (847) 543-2300 or at www.geneseetheatre.com.